Secular Society

Marriage Officers

Looking for a Secular Marriage Officer?

Looking for a Secular Marriage Officer? Celebrants can add significance and formality to any special event you choose. Secular humanist celebratory services include funerals, child-naming ceremonies, coming-of-age ceremonies, and various cultural rituals or celebrations. However, when it comes to weddings, the officiant must be registered to legally certify the marriage. SASS (South African Secular Society) is registered with the Department of Home Affairs, and we have a list of designated Marriage Officers who can perform secular ceremonies in South Africa, although they may not be affiliated with us.